Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Word Wha?!?!? edition

I saw a billboard as I was driving home from Eugene the other day, and it definitely got me interested in what was being advertised.  It urged me to stay in Roseburg at the such-and-so hotel, which features among other amenities a "110% hospitality guarantee!"

So. 

What are the SI units for measuring and quantifying hospitality?

110% relative to what?  is there an RDA for hospitality?

If you have more than 100% hospitality, is that a bad thing?  Like, if you have a friend who is trying to get into your privacy a little (ten percent?) too much?

If they fail to provide more than 110 percent hospitality, how do they honor their guarantee?  If they're only 85% hospitable, do they track you down later and provide you with the remaining 25% of hospitality?  Or, is there a set exchange rate--one percent of hospitality is worth so many dollars?

Thus far, I've resisted the temptation of going to this hotel and pestering the desk clerk with these questions.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to resist much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment