Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday Wordage Parasitic edition

I think my goal for the next couple of years will be to master the skills of robotics, electronics, programming, and engineering.  I will then use those skills to make small aerial drones, equipped with compact chromatographs and spectrometers that will be able to analyze the air they fly through.  They will be able to detect trace amounts of a staggeringly wide variety of airborne chemicals, ranging from gases to aerosols to particulates, identify them all and trace them to their point of origin.  These autonomous robots would act like a swarm of noses, and would be tremendously useful in a number of applications.  I would call them "nose bots."

And, all the effort would be worth it if I could obliterate from my mind what "nose bots" really are--we may have them in our flock of sheep, so I had to do some reading about them.  Eeeeew.

No comments:

Post a Comment