Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday Wordage: misterioso

First postcard, received a few weeks ago:

Image--woman using a knife to cut the rope tying her hands, taken from a newspaper comic.

verso: "MIGUEL AND SPIDER-MAN WERE RIGHT.  I MUST REJOIN OUR REBELS--TO HELP FIGHT THE DICTATOR'S MEN!"

Second postcard, received a few days ago:

Image--title panel from "Prince Valiant," depicting a haughty princess walking away from a couple of pretty fearsome warriors who are about to set upon each other; captioned "CORMAC HAS COME TO RETRIEVE HIS RUNAWAY WIFE, VALETA, AND HIS DEMAND IS ABOUT TO REAP A BLOODY HARVEST WHEN VALETA ASKS HIM TO STEP AWAY AND RESOLVE THE MATTER BETWEEN THEM ALONE.  CORMAC NODS AGREEMENT AND THE TWO RETREAT."

verso: NEXT:  THE REASON WHY

 ....

Well, needless to say, I'm puzzled by this mail, puzzled and amused.  I asked the Miguel I know about it, and he had no clue.  I do like Prince Valiant.  I've never felt any urge to join the rebels, and I have no bones to pick with any medieval warrior princes.  The cards appear to be printed on a printer, but they are addressed in pencil--in a hand I don't recognize.   I couldn't read the postmark on the first card, but the second one was marked Columbus, Ohio.  So, a bit of a mystery; and thus far, kind of entertaining.  Will the reason why actually be next???


No comments:

Post a Comment