Saturday, December 31, 2011

That was the year that was

I like boredom, I really do. Slow and steady, that's the deal--no excitement, no radical changes, just incremental growth. My dislike of suspense is such that I routinely read half of a novel, then skip ahead and read the ending, then finish the book. "Xtreme" is not for me; if you catch me shredding, it is less likely to be on a gnarly downhill than with a cheese grater. That said, 2011 provided me with about as much excitement as I can stand. At the beginning of this year, I had only a small serving of anxiety about just how much and what I would be teaching. As the year ends, I have a have a whole buffet of stuff I'm not sure about, ranging from my parents' health to just what my identity is now that I'm not lecturing to undergrads.

Anyway, let's hope for a new year without unpleasant surprises, and full of gradual, incremental learning. And of course, peace, prosperity, and happiness for all.

1 comment: